Remaining Course Dates:
Saturday 26 March 2022; Saturday 18 June & Sunday 19 June 2022
10am to 3:30pm with 30 minutes for lunch
76 Queen St, Concord West NSW
Standard price $720 Members price $600
Experienced and existing students registered for Extensions in 2021 are permitted to complete these sessions delayed by COVID in 2022.
The aim of EXTENSIONS is to extend the personal development of participants.
This is an exciting new opportunity to experience a personal journey within a group of like-minded embroiderers and the Guild's up-to-date facilities.
For those who have already begun in 2020, please continue your studies, samplers and anything else you may wish to do to continue the work you already started in 2020 and use the Guild facilities especially those of the Threaded Needle and Library. Mentoring will recommence from the first day of the course, i.e. 13 March 2021.
For further information contact Effie Mitrofanis through the Guild email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Metal Thread Embroidery
Three dimensional embroidery
White Work (work originating as white on white or self-coloured embroidery where the technique cannot be studied under any other listed category)
* Be encouraged by mentor(s)
* Describe the style contained within the technique
* Be informed of technical procedures relevant to transfer of designs, finishing and making up
* Portfolio of process to include a Visual Journal, refer to outcomes below
* Compiling a Bibliography
* Present finished work effectively
* Assess final results in relation to starting point and objectives
* A Traditional/Historical work
* A Contemporary work
* A brief 2 page history of the style within the chosen technique
* Stitch sample(s) demonstrating knowledge of the style within the chosen technique
* Visual Journal with samples
* Exhibition in Guild rooms
* Participants together with Mentoring Tutor to evaluate outcomes in relation to starting point
This course is for continuing students only who are Guild members. Enrolled participants must maintain financial membership of the Guild for the entire duration of the course. For more information email email@example.com or phone 02 9743 2501