|Meetings:||Every Friday from February to mid December 10am - 3pm |
Dapto Ribbonwood Centre, 93-109 Princes Hwy, Dapto NSW 2530
2nd Saturday from February to December 10am - 2pm
Grevillea Room 2, Corrimal Community Centre, 15 Short Street, Corrima
3rd Wednesday from February to mid December 10am - 3pm
Various Members homes, email or phone for details
3rd Saturday during school term time Junior Stitchers
Tarrawanna Community Hall, 51 Meadow St Tarrawanna NSW 2518
Currently Group Membership is $15 pa (this may be reviewed in 2021)
Venue fees for Corrimal are $5 per day and for Dapto Ribbonwood are $6 per day
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or
Tel: Janet 0418 672 467 or Sue 0403 419 965
All mail to: PO Box 1602, Wollongong NSW 2500
Photo Gallery(click on image to enlarge)
About our GroupOn our stitching days we each bring projects of our choice. Some members share their experience and expertise as needed. Our projects range from traditional to contemporary and encompass all techniques. Our members range from beginners to very experienced embroiderers.
Apart from informal sharing at stitching days we also arrange Workshops with Guild tutors. Members of the Mollymook Group also attend our workshops. We sometimes have mini workshops at stitching days for those who choose to participate.
We have held major Exhibitions of our work which have been very popular. We also display work in local libraries. We are presenting a Makers and Creators session at Kiama Library later this year. We have had joint activities with the Illawarra Quilters. We support or participate in relevant Community events as they arise.
Our Junior Stitchers met on the 3rd Saturday of each month pre Covid. They have met once so far in 2021 and more stitching days are planned.
Our Group library is located in the Tarrawanna Community Hall and is accessible on Junior Stitching days or by arrangement with the Group Librarian. Other resources, such as light boxes are located at Ribbonwood.
2nd Saturday of the month is a stitching day and our Group business meeting is held from 12 noon.
- Dapto Ribbonwood Community Centre has adjacent parking and is 7-10 minute walk from Dapto Station. There is also a number of bus services. The Centre is fully accessible, air conditioned, has kitchen facilities and good to excellent lighting.
- Corrimal Community Centre has adjacent parking and is 15-20 minute walk from Corrimal Station. There is also a number of bus services. The Centre is fully accessible, air conditioned, kitchen facilities and good to excellent lighting.
- Transport to Members Homes varies.
- Tarrawanna Community Hall has street parking and there is a bus stop outside. Kitchen facilities are available and the lighting is adequate.
- Mentors-to assist those wanting to extend their skills
- Workshops, Exhibition, Community activities as they arise.
- Annual Convenor's challenge; Destash sales;
- Pre Covid we were holding an exhibition each year
- Internal group fund raising
- Christmas luncheon, anniversary luncheons as applicable - we celebrated our 50th anniversary in 2019.
What to bring: your embroidery project (if you are working on one), threads, frame and sewing kit, lunch, other food, mug for tea/coffee/water, money.
Visitors are most welcome, contact us (details at top of page) if you would like more information.